Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Some good news and some bad...

Oh Frank. You do not look pleased.

I am sad to report that over the last few days Frank has slowly been breaking out in hives.

They started out around his shoulders a couple of days ago and I assumed that they were from summer allergies. Yesterday, however, when they moved to his head, I was truly alarmed.
I think we can all agree that no one enjoys an itchy head.

The first course of action was to give him a pug sized dose of Benadryl. The good news about this is that one of my extremely enjoyable work colleagues was just telling me that her favorite posts about Frank were the ones involving food, in particular when there is an oyster cracker featured. In the very same conversation it was revealed that not only did my colleague feel that there are few things better than peanut butter, but that Frank also seems to believe that there are few things better in the whole world than peanut butter. Herein lies the good news: it just so happens that the perfect vehicle to give a pug a Benadryl (make sure you know the correct dose from your veterinarian) is a dollop of peanut butter on an oyster cracker!




OH FRANK! Whoever knew that your tongue was so expandable!
(You may want to know that the licking went on for a full minute after this video ended...)

It must be said that I do enjoy a video of Frank, (I am sorry for the clanking and the sound quality, but I do recommend having sound for maximum enjoyment, especially for today's features) though the peanut butter oyster cracker is still not quite as enjoyable as the regular smacking lips involved with the ingestion of a plain oyster cracker - allow me to present my evidence for the above statement, and do feel free to cast your own votes:




Oh Frank! What a handsome pug you are with your oh so smacky lips!

I am pleased to report that as this post was being written we solved the case of Frank's hives. Thanks to our neighbor, Jake the Golden Retriever's dad, I realized that though I had bathed Frank after taking him for a swim in the sea, I had NOT washed his collar, which I had removed for the bath! Oh what a bad mom.

No comments: